Prepare to take warfare to a new level with an incredibly realistic war simulation.
In ArmA II, you’re part of an elite squad of American soldiers sent behind enemy lines to restore peace to Chernarus, a Soviet country ripped apart by civil war as warring rival factions fight to take control of the troubled state. In an epic story full of plot twists and turns, it becomes clear that the troubles plaguing Chernarus are deeper than anyone thought and the battle intensifies to extreme levels.
Building upon the foundations laid by its predecessor, ArmA II features refined graphics; unscripted AI opponents that ensure no skirmish ever plays out in the same way; 225sq km of game play area including more than 50 different towns and villages, alongside lush forests and wind-swept beaches; 136 different vehicles variants including helicopters, tracked armoured vehicles, boats and even bicycles and 81 weapon variants.
- SINGLE PLAYER MODE with emphasis on resource management and RPG elements, the player commands a squad through a story full of twists and surprises
- Cooperative MULTIPLAYER and team-based large scale multiplayer over entire map for 50 live players
- Built-in MISSION EDITOR allowing player to expand the game beyond original content
- Complex weapons SIMULATION based on technologies used in military training and real-world data: ballistics, deflection, material penetration, glowing tracer rounds
- AUTONOMOUS AI providing them ability to react dynamically depending on player's action: AI-controlled soldiers and vehicles maneuver, flank, take cover and surprise player in many ways.
- AI where squads navigate in REALISTIC FASHION, soldiers can find proper cover with millimeter precision, lean from cover and return fire.
- Advanced dynamic CONVERSATION system, integrating preset conversations and dynamic queries about the game environment.
- GESTURES and combat communication of units: Soldiers shout and use same communication means as in real combat situations
- Comprehensive library of over 60 fully simulated modern FIREARMS
- Over 60 playable VEHICLES
First Person Shooter